美国百佳电影中的经典台词
看美国原版电影是学习英语的有效途径之一,而在美国电影当中有一些著名的经典台词值得我们一读。下面是美国百佳电影中的经典台词,希望在你欣赏的同时也能学到地道的英语:
美国百佳电影中的经典台词
1.“Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.” Gone with the Wind, 1939.“坦白说,亲爱的,我不在乎。”——《乱世佳人》(1939年)毫无疑问,即使那些没有看过《乱世佳人》的人,也会对白瑞德给郝思嘉的这句临别之言印象深刻。
2.“I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse.”The Godfather, 1972 .“我要开出一个他无法拒绝的条件。”——《教父》(1972年)
3.“You don't understand! I could a had class. I could a been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.” On the Waterfront, 1954 .
“你不明白!我本可以进入上流社会。我本可以成为一个上进的人。我本可以当个有脸面的人物,而不是像现在这样当个小混混。"”——《码头风云》(1954年)这两句马龙•白兰度的台词出自令白兰度荣膺奥斯卡影帝的影片《教父》与《码头风云》。
4.“Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.” The Wizard of Oz, 1939 .托托,我有一种感觉我们再也回不了家了。”——《绿野仙踪》(1939年) 朱迪•加兰在《绿野仙踪》中扮演的少女多罗茜对她的小狗托托说的这句话成了后来人们对无法回到鼎盛时期的感叹。
5.“Here's looking at you, kid.” Casablanca, 1942. “孩子,就看你的了。”——《卡萨布兰卡》(1942年) 在1942年的电影《卡萨布兰卡》中,亨弗莱•鲍嘉对英格里•褒曼说了“孩子,就看你的了。”这句著名的经典台词。
6.“Go ahead, make my day.” Sudden Impact, 1983 .“来吧,让我也高兴高兴。”——《拨云见日》(1983年)
7.“All right, Mr. De Mille, I'm ready for my close-up.” Sunset Blvd., 1950 .“好了,德米勒先生,我为特写镜头做好准备了。”——《日落大道》(1950年)
8.“May the Force be with you.” Star Wars, 1977.“愿原力与你同在。”——《星球大战》(1977年)
9.“Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night.” All About Eve, 1950.“紧上安全带,今晚将会非常颠簸。”——《彗星美人》(1950年)
10.“You talking to me?” Taxi Driver, 1976 “你是在对我说话吗?”——《出租车司机》(1976年)
11.“What we've got here is failure to communicate.” Cool Hand Luke, 1967 .“现在我们得到的只是沟通上的失败。”——《铁窗喋血》(1967年)
12.“I love the smell of napalm in the morning.” Apocalypse Now, 1979.“我喜欢在清早闻汽油弹的气味。”——《现代启示录》(1979年)
13.“Love means never having to say you're sorry.” Love Story, 1970 .“真爱意味着永远不必说对不起。”——《爱情故事》(1970年)
14.“The stuff that dreams are made of.” The Maltese Falcon, 1941 .“梦想由此构成。”《马耳他猎鹰》(1941年)
15.“E.T. phone home.” E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, 1982 .“E.T.打电话回家。”——《E.T.外星人》(1982年)
16.“They call me Mister Tibbs!” In the Heat of the Night, 1967 .“他们叫我狄博思先生。”——《炎热的夜晚》(1967年)
17.“Rosebud.” Citizen Kane, 1941“玫瑰花蕾。”——《公民凯恩》(1941年)
18.“Made it, Ma! Top of the world!” White Heat, 1949 .“成了!妈!世界之巅!”——《白热》(1949年)
19.“I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!” Network, 1976 .“我已经忍无可忍,我受够了。”——《电视台风云》(1976年)
20.“Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.” Casablanca, 1942 .“路易斯,我想这是一段美好友谊的开始。”——《卡萨布兰卡》(1942年)
21.“A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.” The Silence of the Lambs, 1991.
“曾经有人想调查我。我就着蚕豆和酒,把他的肝脏吃掉了。”——《沉默羔羊》(1991年)
22.“Bond. James Bond.” Dr. No, 1962 .“邦德,詹姆斯•邦德。”——《诺博士》(“007”系列第一部,1962年)
23. “There's no place like home.” The Wizard of Oz, 1939.“没有任何地方可以像家一样。”——《绿野仙踪》(1939年)
24. “I am big! It's the pictures that got small.” Sunset Blvd., 1950 . “我很大!是画面太小了。”——《日落大道》(1950年)
25.“Show me the money!"”Jerry Maguire, 1996.“给我钱!”——《甜心先生》(1996年)
双语美文:每个女人都漂亮
A little boy asked his mother "Why are you crying?"
一个男孩问他的妈妈:“ 你为什么要哭呢?”
"Because I'm a woman," she told him.
妈妈说:“因为我是女人啊。”
"I don't understand," he said.
男孩说:“我不懂。”
His mum just hugged him and said, "And you never will."
他妈妈抱起他说:“你永远不会懂的。”
Later the little boy asked his father,"Why does mother seem to cry for no reason?"
后来小男孩就问他爸爸:“妈妈为什么毫无理由的哭呢?”
"All women cry for no reason," was all his dad could say.
他爸爸只能说:“所有女人都这样。”
The little boy grew up and became a man, still wondering why women cry.
小男孩长大了,成为一个男人,但他仍就不懂女人为什么哭泣。
Finally he put in a call to God; and when God got on the phone, he asked,"God, why do women cry so easily?"
最后,他打电话给上帝;在上帝拿起电话时,他问道:“上帝,女人为什么那么容易哭泣呢?”
God said: "When I made the woman, she had to be special. I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world; yet, gentle enough to give comfort."
上帝回答说:“当我创造女人时,就让她很特别。我使她的肩膀能挑起整个世界;同时却又柔情似水。”
"I gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times comes from her children."
“我让她的内心很坚强,能够承受分娩的痛苦,并能多次忍受来自自己孩子的拒绝。”
"I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up, and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining."
“我赋予她耐心使她能在别人选择放弃的时候继续坚持着,并且无怨无悔的照顾自己的家人渡过疾病与疲劳。”
"I gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances, even when her child has hurt her very badly."
“我赋予她在任何情况下都会爱孩子的感情,即使她的孩子伤害了她。”
"I gave her strength to carry her husband through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart."
“我赋予她包容她丈夫过错的坚强,并用他的肋骨塑成她来保护他的心。”
"I gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife, but sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him unfalteringly."
“我赋予她智慧让她知道一个好丈夫是绝不会伤害他的妻子的,但有时我也会考验她支持自己丈夫的坚持与决心。”
"And finally, I gave her a tear to shed. This is hers exclusively to use whenever it is needed."
“最后,我让她可以流泪。只要她愿意,这是她所独有的。”
"You see, the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair."
“你看,女人的漂亮不是因为她穿的衣服,她保持的体型或者她梳头的方式。”
"The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides."
“女人的美丽必须要从她的眼睛中去看,因为那是她心灵的窗口,爱居住的地方。”
Every Woman is beautifull. 每个女人都美丽。