职场英文口语:指导某人做事
英语在职场的沟通越来越普变,如果英语口语不好的话,对工作很有影响。而且职场英语口语有其专业性,对口语的使用者也会有更高的要求,所以对英语口语不好的小伙伴如何提升职场英语口语是一个迫切需要解决的问题。今天就和大家一起来分享职场英文口语:指导某人做事,希望能帮到大家。
职场英文口语:指导某人做事(一)
Anna, if you 'show someone the ropes' it means youexplain to someone how to do the job.
安娜,如果你要“show someone the ropes”就意味着要指导某人工作。
You'll be great at that.Oh I see.
你没问题的。我懂了。
Well I might know what to do but I'm no good atexplaining it to someone else.
我可能知道怎么做,但我不擅长解释给别人听。
Well the best way is to start at the beginning.
最好的方式是从头开始。
Why not suggest to her to 'watch what I do', or give her some of your tasks and say 'pleasecould you make a start on these?'
你可以建议她看你是怎么做的。或者把你手边的一些工作交给她做,并说你可以从这里开始吗?
and then reassure her by saying 'I'm here to help so please ask me if you need to know whatto do.'
然后像她保证,如果你有任何不懂的地方,尽管问我。
Good luck.Thanks!So Denise, it's nice to have you back, how's your new desk?
祝你好运。谢谢。丹尼斯,很高兴你能回来,新办公桌怎么样?
Much bigger than my old one – and look, it goes up…. and down.Yes it does.
比我过去的大多了,看,它还能上下移动。没错。
OK, shall we make a start then and I'll show you the ropes.
好了,我们可以开始了,我来指导你。
Oh yes Anna, of course Anna.Do I need to use the phone?
是的,安娜,当然了。我要用电话吗?
I reckon you're quite experienced with the phone already Denise!
我认为你在使用电话上已经很有经验了,丹尼斯。
职场英文口语:指导某人做事(二)
Thank you Tom.We won't make any calls yet, justwatch what I do for a while.
谢了,汤姆。我们先不打电话,先看看我是怎么做的。
Look, I'm just checking our database so see who wehaven't called for a while.Oh yes.
我要检查一下我们的数据库,看看近期没有联系谁。是的。
I'm just checking the dates here…in fact Denise, whydon't you make a start on this.
我在这里查一下日期,事实上,丹尼斯,你也可以从这儿开始。
Of course…oh look, my phone's ringing.Are yougoing to answer it then?Oh right.
当然,我的电话响了。你要接电话了吧?好吧。
Hello, Tip Top Trading, Denise speaking…oh hello Marge!It's Marge, Anna!Oh right.
你好,我是Tip Top Trading的丹尼斯。你好马吉。安娜,是马吉。好吧。
I'll leave you to it – I'm here to help, so please ask me if you need to know what to do.
你先打吧,我就在这里,如果你有任何不懂的地方,尽管问我。
OK Anna, I won't be long.So Marge, how did it go the other night?Really? Really!
好的,安娜,我很快的。马吉,那晚怎么样?真的?真的!
Well, I'm sitting at my new desk…Nice to have her back hey? !Some Sales Exec she's going tobe!
我坐上新的办公桌了。让她回来很好,是吧?!她这样还做销售主管!